Sorry to keep piling on the Sports Guy, but I can’t help myself. Check out these three tweets from Simmons:
Let’s review his five reasons for predicting a Yankees romp.
1. “Nonstop Cliff Lee hype.” Hilariously irrelevant.
2. “Vegas making Texas slight favs.” Actually a point in Lee’s favor.
3. “Cliff Lee has been on 4 teams in the last 15 months.” Because as the old axiom goes, ‘No pitcher who has changed teams frequently has ever performed well in the oh wait a minute this makes no sense where is the delete button.’
4. “He went 4-6 with Texas with a 3.98 ERA.” During that same time, Pettitte missed a dozen starts and then had a 6.75 ERA when he returned, which is an equally pointless statistic.
5. “Andy Pettitte has 18 postseason wins! Most ever!” Cliff Lee has won six of his seven starts with a 1.44 ERA and a fucking 54/6 K/BB ratio! Everyone in the world knows he is a much better pitcher!