This is a very exciting, mildly nerve-racking and kind of embarrassing moment here on the WoB … I’m introducing our very first podcast, created by me and my cohort Mike. The podcast series is tentatively titled “The Riff.”
We’ve named Episode 1 “The B Movement With B and Thunder.” (Taking inspiration from Mr. Show, the show titles will be created using actual phrases used in the episode.) Tune in by clicking the link below. (I think. Still not sure the ideal way to upload these podcasts. Advice is welcomed.)
What was discussed:
- I hilariously introduce the podcast by mispronouncing my own name
- Mike says something about store names that makes no sense
- Podcast ground rules and show expectations (hint: they are low)
- Favre talk
- Mike tries talking about steroids and gets railroaded by B
- Mike’s invention: “The Tiny Razor”
- Swine Flu and our made-up definition of “pandemic”
- Short reviews (Cowboy Slim’s and Doubt)
- Mike pleads with listenders to see the Charlie Kaufmann film “Schenectady” New York, which is actually entitled Synecdoche, New York
Overall, I give us a B-, which is sadly a lot better than I thought we’d do. The key improvement we need to make is to tighten up the content a little bit. I thought it’d be fun to go completely extemporaneous, but it’s obvious that is not the ideal plan. We’ll improve our preparation a bit more for the next one. Also, most importantly: we’ll work on correcting the audio. Sorry about that. Please don’t give up on us.
Either way, please weigh in with feedback via email or the comments section. Love letters and hate mail are equally encouraged.
Or, you can CLICK HERE FOR MP3 FILE
You can also visit this site if the link below wasn’t to your liking: http://worldofb.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=476954